I love my slow cooker! It is such a time saver, especially during the week when schedules get chaotic. Knowing that there is a meal waiting for us when we get home is a relief. No rushing to figure out what to make with the food that is in the cupboard! Along with saving time, using a slow cooker in this recipe allows for nice tender, juicy meat in your burrito. Add whatever condiments sound good to you, and you have a delicious pork burrito with little preparation!
1 pork roast with fat trimmed (2-2 1/2 lbs)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (any intensity)
3 tbsp tomato paste or ketchup
1 1/2 tbsp honey
3 small garlic cloves or 3 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chili powder
8 whole wheat or white tortilla shells
1. Place pork roast in slow cooker.
2. Pour diced tomatoes, paste/ketchup, and honey into a blender or food processor.
3. Add the garlic and chili powder and blend for 10-15 seconds. Be sure to scrape the sides to get everything evenly blended.
4. Pour the tomato mixture over the pork roast making sure to cover it completely.
5. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 3-5 hours.
6. Remove pork roast from slow cooker but leave the juices in the crock. Shred the roast and place the meat back into the cooker until ready to serve.